Saturday, March 24, 2007

Still Alive...

I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted. My many apologies for just dropping off the face of the earth. Casa Galyan has been under the weather lately, with sick kids, sick Husby, sick me. Honestly, I know they're teaching Oldest Son to share in kindergarten, but I'd rather he NOT share the viruses.

Much to share but I'm exhausted, which seems like par for the course lately.

The latest book news is that The Powers That Be decided that an early 2008 release would make more economic and marketing sense than a fall 2007 one. That bummed me. I wanted to take advantage of the fact that the book takes place in the weeks leading up to and during Chanukah. Marketing experts wanted to avoid having a book that was considered - in the publishing biz - already a year old come January. And a novel, I'm assured, can be released anytime.

So I'm taking advantage of that and not rushing into editing to get a galley out with minimum time. It also means that being either sick or caretaker (or both) was not a huge obstacle to overcome in the book timetable.

The exciting news is that I'll be attending Book Expo America in New York City from May 28-June 3. I've never been in New York City, and while I won't have a ton of time to sightsee, it'll be fun just to be there. Book Expo America (BEA) is the largest English-speaking book trade show in the world. Awesome experience!

More to come... I need to go sit and check my eyelids for light leakage.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back! Glad you're feeling better!

Batya said...

You know they share what they shouldn't. That's kids for you.

Jack Steiner said...

Glad to see that you are still around.

mother in israel said...

Welcome back!

benning said...

Just finished "Destined To Choose". Marvelous! Great writing!

I eagerly await book two!