Monday, December 05, 2005

It's [my] year... to do what?

I just received my Hadassah membership materials in the mail today: a seven-page full-color brochure and a membership card. "It's Your Year" the brochure says on the glossy cover.

Paging through it, I find that on page 1, it says, "Hadassah has so much to offer." Pages 2 and 3 have vague descriptions of programs Hadassah offers, with a focus on Hadassah's admittedly impressive accomplishments. Each of the six programs have the words "you can..." in them somewhere, indicating that you are now provided with the opportunity to participate, though nowhere does it state how available these programs are or if there are additional costs.

What prompted me to write this was what I found on pages 3, 4, 5, and 6 (page 7 is blank): plenty of detailed opportunities to upgrade my membership (remember that I JUST joined), purchase a membership for someone else, and buy merchandise like pins and pendants.

So, what are they saying? "It's my year" to give them my money?

No comments: