Thursday, January 25, 2007

Books and Blogs

Couple of brief notes:

Current word count on Days stands at 78,426 words. The only scenes left to write are the final conflict and whatever resolution the various characters/situations will find in this book.

It'll be interesting to see what the reaction to Days is. It's been in the works for a couple of years now, so the issues I'd decided to tackle are a couple of years old. And yet, oh so current. In a word, Days takes on fundamentalism. Leading to the other "f" word: fanaticism.

I've decided to take the plunge (sorry, no mikvah references) and update this blog to the new Blogger. Too many problems with this one that I can't seem to fix. I was going to host it over at my writing website here, but it turns out our server just isn't robust enough (yet) to handle both this one and the Yaldah one.

More to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I moved to the new blogger a long time ago. I've really liked it, much easier to use than the old. The old is like a fading nightmare anymore...

Anonymous said...

Oops. I forgot I was going to add that I hope Days wins over fundamentalism and fanatacism. I'll put another 'f' adjective in front of both of your 'f' words. I know a lot of people don't understand my strong reaction to this stuff, but I live with the scars of this kind of upbringing. I would like to spare others and their children from one day having to say the same. It's the same mentality, whether Jewish or Christian.

Sheyna said...

"I hope Days wins over fundamentalism and fanatacism."

It does, but not without significant loss and change to everyone involved. You can't see that sort of thing up close and not have it change you in some way.